Tax codes and pension payment queries

Tax code changes

Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is responsible for adjusting your tax coding.  

The Payroll team at UK Pensions Operations are legally obliged to apply the coding they send us for you.  We do not know how the coding is arrived at – your tax code is a matter between you and HMRC.  So if you think it is incorrect or you have any tax queries you should contact them at:   

    Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
    South Wales Area
    16th Floor Phase II Building
    Cardiff, CF4 5FN   

Tel. No: 0300 200 3300. Always quote Tax Ref:  948 / W1250C

For more information - Click here for HMRC's page on Pensioners' Tax 

Changes to bank account details

You can now update your bank details on line. Please click on the purple icon below to register and login.

Alternatively please contact UK Pensions Operations either in writing and signed, or by email from an email account in your own name.  The bank account must be in the member's name, or the member's name must be included on a joint account.


Your P60 detailing your total pension payments and tax deducted for the last tax year will be posted to you during April each year. If you require a copy of this information during the year and cannot find your original document, please contact the Payroll team who will issue you a letter with the details.


Payslips are only  provided if your monthly payment changes by more than £1.01 or if there is a change to your tax code.

Pension payments overseas

If you move abroad, your pension can be paid into a bank overseas or continue to be paid into a bank in the UK. 

Payments to an overseas account can be made via Worldlink, which is a service provided by Citibank.  Please allow 5 to 7 working days for your payment to be received. There would be no charge to you for this service, however if the payment is a Non-Direct payment (not in local currency), there may be a holding charge by your local bank.